04 Aug San Diego’s Top Directors Honored at 2016 Director of the Year Awards!
SAN DIEGO – August 1, 2016 –
The awards will be presented Thursday, Sept. 22 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla and will celebrate directors who have made a significant positive contribution in the boardroom and behind the scenes, representing the region’s most significant and innovative companies.
The 2016 Director of the Year Honorees:
- Lifetime Contribution to Life Sciences: David F. Hale, chair & CEO, Hale BioPharma Ventures; former chair, Santarus, SkinMedica & others
- Corporate Governance: Magda Marquet, co-founder & co-chair, Althea Technologies
- Enhancement of Economic Value: Mark D. Dankberg, chair & CEO, ViaSat, Inc.
- Companies in Transition: Jim Buechler, former chair & CEO, Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits
- Corporate Governance Not-for-Profit: Carol Chang, chair, UC San Diego Foundation; President, Balboa Park Conservancy; founder & board member, San Diego Women’s Foundation
- Lifetime Achievement: Peter C. Farrell, Ph.D., founder & chair, ResMed, Inc.; director, NuVasive, Inc. & others
“Corporate governance in San Diego is truly world class. We’re proud to be honoring this year’s most impactful leaders,” said Jack Yelverton, Senior Vice President, Aon Corporation and Director of the Year Co-Chair. “In the current business climate, director leadership is more important than ever. To have each of our honorees nominated by their peers as the region’s highest achievers is special and we are pleased to ensure they receive the recognition they deserve.”
The Director of the Year awards dinner is open to the public with individual tickets and tables of 10 available now; sponsorships are also available. For tickets and sponsorship information, please call 858/455-7930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Corporate Directors Forum
Corporate Directors Forum, a 501c(6) located in San Diego, is the largest regional association of corporate directors in the U.S. and offers regular, interactive education programs for directors, officers and business leaders. The organization also hosts the “Directors Forum: Directors, Management & Shareholders in Dialogue” conference every January. CDF’s purpose is to help directors, and those who support them, be better directors through director education and peer-to-peer networking. To learn more, visit www.directorsforum.com.